InkPad Studios provides mobile applications, coding services, and consultancy on app ideas. In our dealings with users, clients, and partners, we may collect personal information to enrich your experiences and improve our services.
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- How we safe keep information
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful or the people who matter most to you online.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us: for example, many of our services require you to sign up for a login account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
- Information we get from your use of our services: we may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you download an application that uses our advertising services or you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information: we may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information: when you use our services or view content provided by InkPad Studios, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service such as frequency and time
- Internet protocol address
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser
- Location information: when you use a location-enabled InkPad Studios service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers: certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to InkPad Studios when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage: we may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect InkPad Studios and our users, clients, and partners.
When you contact InkPad Studios, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
As InkPad Studios may operate in different regions of the world, your personal information may be processed on a server located outside the country that you live in.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your login account
- Control who you share information with
- Take information out of many of our services
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of InkPad Studios unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of InkPad Studios when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of InkPad Studios if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of InkPad Studios, our users or the public as required or permitted by law
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect InkPad Studios and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to InkPad Studios members, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Copyright © 2015 InkPad Studios Inc. All rights reserved.